Founding attorney Jeff Tillotson is a trial attorney. He tried five cases and spent over fifty days in trial as lead counsel or co-lead in 2015 alone, and he averages that on a yearly basis. Few trial attorneys can match that claim. He focuses on complex civil litigation including consumer class actions, fraud and securities matters. Some representative court cases include the following:
- Sole counsel to insurer suing Yahoo for breach of contract regarding the NCAA billion dollar prize bracket lawsuit.
- Lead counsel to victims of a multi-million dollar oil and gas investment fraud that is currently under investigation by the FBI.
- Sole trial counsel to SCA Promotions in which Tillotson prevailed in 2015 in its high stakes lawsuit against famed cyclist Lance Armstrong.
- Sole trial counsel to Nationstar Bank in which Tillotson won a favorable jury verdict on behalf of his client in November 2015.
- Lead counsel to Samsung in a lawsuit where Tillotson successfully obtained a summary judgment on behalf of his client in November 2015.
- Sole trial counsel to Media 8 productions In Media 8 v Blockbuster Inc. prevailing in Media 8’s lawsuit against Blockbuster for failing to distribute the movies Monster and Love Wrecked after fraudulently keeping profits from Monster for itself.
- Lead trial counsel to Visa USA and Visa International who, after a four week trial, prevailed in a first-of-its-kind high stakes internet defamation case: Zixit v. Visa USA. The lawsuit was profiled by the National Law Journal as the “Defense Wins of the Month” in 2003 and “Defense Win of the Year“ 2003.
- Sole Trial counsel to RDC, a small company that operated Redbird Airport, in Dallas (now Executive Airport) in City of Dallas v. Redbird Development Company. The City terminated the lease, locked RDC out of the property, used the termination as grounds for accelerating a loan the City had made to RDC and then sued RDC for the balance due. After a three-week trial, the jury not only rejected the City’s case but awarded RDC damages on its counterclaim. The case was affirmed on appeal and then settled for the amount of the jury award.
Contact Tillotson Law Firm.